- Advice for sustainable management of ponds
- Investigations of water quality
- Measurement of the fat of carps
- Plankton investigations; particular attention is given to the use of plankton species as a major part of natural feeding.
- Advice in case of damages caused by predators – due to an order by the Lower Austrian government, otter damages have been recorded since 1991
Recirculation Aquaculture System
- We provide fundamental and management advice when planning a recirculation aquaculture system
Education and advanced vocational training
- The department is involved in the vocational education “Facharbeiter/-in Fischereiwirtschaft” and “Fischereimeister/-in”. Our emphasis is on pond aquaculture.
- We offer special courses in fishery
Fish Species Surveying
- Electro fishing and trap monitoring for surveying fish, as well as for assessing the success of restoration and remediation projects.
published at 22.11.2019, IGF